Wednesday 25 April 2012

SoundCloud

SOUNDCLOUD (2/5): Soundcloud is a good  resource to use to allow students to hear lectures and other recorded materials when they are away from the classroom. A teacher can record his/her lecture and upload it for students who were unable to make it to class, or students can use it as a way to share recording with each other.

I am planning on teaching a science course, so I don't really see how useful this site would be for me. I might be able to upload lectures but that's about it. This site is more fitting for instructors and students in the musical department. If a  music teacher was able to let his/or her student use this, they could record what they are doing and maybe even sell them on itunes. Soundcloud gives students who may not have recording contracts to expand their horizons and share their talents.
Although soundcloud is a very good source for sharing recordings of lectures and other things, I do not think it will be used in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment